Read Sterling Silver Jewelry

in Sterling-silver

Mexican tiffany heart necklaces: usually 95% Silver and 5% Copper.Sterling Silver Jewelry: 92.5% Silver, with copper making up the remaining 7.5%.Silver is a chemical element denoted on the periodic table by the symbol 'Ag'. In etymological terms this symbol is derived from the early Proto-Indo-European language root word 'Arg'- meaning 'White', or 'To shine'. This root word is found in ancient:Greek - Argos.Latin - Argentums.Celtic - Argent.  Sanskrit - Arjuna.The only languages that lacked this root are the Germano-Balto-Slavic languages that used another stem for Silver thought to be based on a river in Lycia, modern day Turkey:Slavic - Sirebro.Baltic - Silabr.

Asia Minor And Its History And LegendsDuring the 6th and 5th Centuries before Christ, the Lydian empire with its impregnable capital of Sardis perched high on Mount Tmolos changed world history.

Germanic - Silbr. The Germanic, or Teutonic, word is the root of the Anglo-Saxon branch word of 'Silver' used today.Read Sterling Silver Jewelry - The Definition And Etymology Of SterlingCopyright © Silver Shake Corporation. All Rights Reserved.

Contrary to the neighboring Phrygians, who had been in Anatolia since just 1200 B.C., the Lydians were an ancient race whose origins were planted in earlier Hittite cultures. Lydia, lying at the Mediterranean end of an ancient trade route that led all the way to the Arabian coast of Mesopotamia, had always been prosperous, but under the reign of King Alyattes II and later his son and heir Croesus, it became one of Asia's richest empires in gold and silver.

Overview Of Sterling Silver Jewelry CareSilver in all its luminous apparitions, has co-reigned alongside gold for more than 6000 years as the 'Queen of Precious Metals'. However, of all silver's heirs it is sterling silver with its intrinsic beauty, value and durability, that has ensured itself a place in the history books as one of the most popular mediums of personal adornment.Owning a prestigious item such as sterling silver tiffany silver rings should be undertaken with an eye on the future.

Author Box
eleen has 1 articles online

the best seller in our website

Add New Comment

Read Sterling Silver Jewelry

Log in or Create Account to post a comment.
     
*
*
Security Code: Captcha Image Change Image
This article was published on 2010/11/27